Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 1, Day 1

So...today has been going okay, I guess. I have a Biology Lab Report to do (last assignment before finals, wohooo), and have been hit by a horrible attack of procrastination and lack of motivation. I seriously can't even start doing it. And, so, I'm scared that I'll resort to boredom eating. But, anyways, my 8 week challenge is to workout 4x a week. Planning is the most important aspect of weight loss, I've learned, so I'm going to plan out the workouts in advance. My plan is to go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays at about 7 am, and workout for 1.5 hours. I think I'm going to start the couch to 5k plan, as being able to run is one of my major goals for the summer. I'll also do 30 - 45 minutes of the elliptical. And then on Wednesdays and Fridays, I'll sign up for the spinning classes. Hopefully, the low budget left on my dining plan will take care of eating itself. Although, today, I probably spent too much already.

Breakfast: 2 cinnamon swirl toast w/ butter and jam + skim latte
Lunch: Tomato, Mozzarella, and Pesto sandwich + Yoplait Light Yogurt
Snack: Skim latte + 100 calories pack

Oh, and in my literature class, we're doing presentations on "outsider" groups at BC. And, today, a group did obesity. It was very interesting, especially because BC was named the 3rd fittest schools and people are obsessed with the gym and staying fit. They said that 45% of the female population at BC shows signs of eating disorders. It's so scary. I hadn't really thought about too much, but I've noticed that one of my best friends is about 5'3 and weighs around 110, so nowhere near overweight, and is always obsessing about how she eats too much and none of her jeans fit. It used to just annoy me (I mean, come on...), but I never really looked at it as a problem. And, after hearing the statistics, it seems like it is.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Good luck on the challenge!

Marissa
browneyedmaris.blogspot.com